Sometimes, the hard part of social media can be keeping up with it. You, or whoever runs the social media for your business or organization can be hit with a ton of social media “best practices” each and every day. It’s easy to get overwhelmed.
That being said, there are some easy things you can do to take a step back and make sure your social media is up-to-date and chugging along as it should be.
All of those marketing plans? You’ll have to handle those on your own, though.
- Check Your Information: Head into the settings on your social media accounts to make sure that the information is up-to-date or filled out completely. The more information you can include in your social media profiles, the better.
- Is Your Instagram a Business Account Yet?: If you’re running an Instagram account for your business, make sure that it’s a business account. Making it a business account allows you more options, including posting directly to your Facebook business page, include a click-through phone number, and more.
- Get Into a Conversation on Twitter: Twitter is super easy to push things to. Sharing links from your blogs and instagrams is easy peasy. However, it can do wonders to talk to other people about what your business is all about. Head to the search field in Twitter and search for things that matter to your business and see who is talking about it. Whether it’s Lehigh Valley restaurants or someone looking for gutters, inject yourself into the conversation and say, “hello.”
- Check Out Your Competition: What is your rival up to? Take a look. Sometimes, we want to keep those we compete with out of sight and out of mind. However, it can be a good idea to see what they are doing as a way, not necessarily to copy them, but to keep tabs on how other similar companies are operating online.
- Develop a Weekly Feature: Whether it’s your “Shoe Deal of the Week” or “Margarita of the Week” or “Our Favorite Place to Have a Picnic of the Week,” people love when brands or businesses can consistently give them good content. A great way to do that is to come up with a weekly feature. It keeps you on point and it keeps your fans coming back for more.
As always, if you’re looking for a better way to manage your social media, need some coaching, or just want to chat, get in touch with us.